This position falls under the technical engineering department, and entails the following responsibilities:
- Participate in implementing technical office policies and procedures.
- Study the project’s associated contract documents (time schedule, project design drawings, BOQ, etc.).
- Review and coordinate all engineering drawings submitted from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
- Update the shop drawing log before sending the shop drawing to the consultant for approvals.
- Study and prepare requests for information (RFIs) for all missing, unclear, conflicting or other technical matters that may arise during construction.
- Review subcontractors’ shop drawings as well as outsourced shop drawings and coordinate their approval process with the project consultant.
- Coordinate with the Site Engineer to provide him all the information about land coordinates and any site measurement required.
- Participate in solving/reporting any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise during construction to the Project Manager for discussion and proper solution.
- Check as-built drawings submitted by the Contractor at the end of the project and hand over to the Project Manager.