The Lead Product Manager is responsible for helping to set and share product strategy, manage and mentor other members of the product department. The Lead Product Manager will oversee the development of the product roadmaps and ensure that the department follows product best practices.
You will need great people skills since you will be communicating with all departments in the company at both management and employee level, as well as interacting with our existing and potential customers.
As a Lead Product Manager, you will work above all strategically, form a powerful team and ensure the success of the company by constantly developing new innovations and increasing sales and profitability. You will need both strong business and technical skills to cover the full scope of your work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help develop company-level product strategy and make sure it’s always communicated to Product Managers, UX, technical team & other stakeholders.
- Drive the creation of the product roadmaps, ensure that they are clear and efficient product planning, prioritization.
- Provide technical leadership in the form of mentoring and knowledge sharing with team members.
- Maintain and continuously update the product structure & process as needed.
- Oversee the roles of the Product Managers and constantly ensure that their work is being done properly and effectively with the desired quality standards.
- Ensure proper alignment between Product Managers, with all the stakeholders.
- Promote user understanding and customer validation activities.
- Ensure that the Product Managers are getting the technical team and all company energized by continually connecting their efforts to the impact on people/businesses.
- Manage resource allocations, hiring, promoting, and performance management of the Product Managers.
- Periodically evaluate the team and communicate the evaluation with the management.
- Develop and monitor the Product KPIs.