The position is based in Aswan and open for Aswan residents.
It is a 7 months employment contract starting from September 2021 to March 2022.
The Om Habibeh Foundation (OHF), an affiliate of the Aga Khan Development Network, is currently operating in Aswan a seven-year skills development initiative entitled: “the Aswan Skills Development Programme (ASDP)”, in collaboration with the Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) and the Aga Khan Foundation Egypt, and funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
ASDP focuses on improving the livelihoods of 6,000 young women and men in Aswan City and Kom Ombo District through strengthening the quality and range of vocational and technical training programmes, as well as professional development programmes to young women and men in Aswan Governorate.
The accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Aswan Skills Development
Project. He/she will work closely and cooperate with the finance team.
Primarily responsible for maintaining accurate accounting and financial records, preparing financial reports and statements on a regular basis, preparing and monitoring, the procurement of goods and services and ensuring that financial policies and procedures are followed.
- Prepare day to day cash & bank operations and prepare banks’ reconciliations.
- Review all payments requests, memos, contracts, suppliers’ payments, advances, petty cash, … etc., and submit documents for proper approvals and process payments.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and donor’s compliance.
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger operations on Dynamics 365 System and ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered in the accounting system.
- Maintain complete filing systems to support financial records.
- Prepare legal taxes and social insurance forms and process due payments.
- Assist in preparing monthly / quarterly or annual reports and budgets for internal or external parties
- Participate and assist in donor’s internal or external audits. Ensure compliance with the internal and external audits recommendations.
- Monitor accounts, receivable, and accounts payable, and reconcile and maintain balance sheets accounts.
- Ensure funds’ availability for the projects.
- Ensure financial and legal compliance with the Egyptian laws and regulations and with donor’s compliance requirements.
- Provide timely regular financial and management reports and as required/requested by the Assistant Finance Manager for internal or external partners.
- Any other tasks requested by the direct manager or CFO or as per organization’s needs.