We are looking for a tenacious, passionate, creative, software-driven individual to guide the design and development of our projects.
OBJECTIVE #1 Take on a project and see it to its end.
- Potential Obstacles: We work by 2 weeks cycles (sprints) where it can be hard to plan attend meetings and finalize your tasks ahead to ensure the successful completion of your sprint.
- Actions: Understand the value of a successful cycle completion and use your tenacity to carry each cycle to the very end.
- Results: Your cycle completion numbers in Jira are stellar and you have concentration available for the handful of cycles on your plate.
OBJECTIVE #2 Work as a synchronous team in a remote environment.
- Potential Obstacles: Working remote has many personal and team-based challenges from timezone differences, to communication and trust of your colleagues.
- Actions: Develop deep working relationships with your colleagues to know what they’re working on, and how to support each other.
- Results: The team culture is strong, Unity’s bigger projects efficiently move forward.
OBJECTIVE #3 Help your colleagues raise their skills with thoughtful code reviews and feedback on ideas.
- Potential Obstacles: Your day will be filled with your own projects and priorities, and offering feedback to a remote team from afar can be intimidating.
- Actions: Prioritize your schedule and share your unique knowledge and experience to help make your team stronger.
- Results: Your team is more precise, creative, and their knowledge is deepened with your help.
WORKING AT UNITY
Unity’s Purpose: Find and create freedom through your work.
UNITY offers a competitive salary, training and development. Further perks and benefits are dependent on your work location of choice.
Unity is a Teal Organization, meaning our organizational structure may differ than what you’re used to, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. In a very tiny nutshell, this means that as an organization we value self-management, self-organization, as well as the wholeness of the individuals that make up our team.
Unity is now a Studio Software that handle multiple in-house softwares and few clients as well. Unity’s comprehensive feature set is built to help our clients’ users get more value from the solutions we provide with enhanced user experience. We took lessons learned from years of experience in building, Managing and supporting businesses and applied them to make our services smart, flexible, and easy to use for our clients.
What will you manage?
Each teammate receives a role within a small team per cycle that can include a handful of small projects, one large project, or staying outside of the cycle to support clients, bugs, and cycle planning. Along with that, you’ll be responsible for ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, code standards, testing, release, and reporting updates on your projects.
What will you contribute to?
You will contribute to code reviews, generating projects for each cycle, feedback for ideas (including the ideas for other areas of the company).